Improved charge-transport and the compensation of volume-changes is crucial in technology of modern batteries, fuel-cells and transistors. Several EU/DFG-funded projects (Bat4ever within Horizon-2020, DFG) do address the chemical synthesis of novel ionomers and ionogels, used as electrolytes within large international consortia. Novel long living batteries and transistors with self-healing functions are prepared and studied as future technologies. Novel polymeric ionic liquids1-8 are studied aiming to increase ionic conductivity,1-2 charge-transfer to the electrodes and enable a longer lifetime of the final batteries. Knowledge of ionic mobilities is transferred to interfacial transport processes such as ionic liquid gating,9-10 where the underlying interface and its structural changes are studied.
- Frenzel, F., et al., Molecular Dynamics and Charge Transport in Polymeric Polyisobutylene-Based Ionic Liquids. Macromolecules 2016, 49 (7), 2868-2875,DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.6b00011.
- Frenzel, F., et al., Glassy Dynamics and Charge Transport in Polymeric Ionic Liquids. In Dielectric Properties of Ionic Liquids, Paluch, M.; Kremer, F., Eds. Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016; pp 115-129,DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-32489-0_5.
- Appiah, C., et al., Hierarchically Mesostructured Polyisobutylene-Based Ionic Liquids. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2016, 37 (14), 1175-1180,DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/marc.201600020.
- Stojanovic, A., et al., Designing melt flow of poly(isobutylene)-based ionic liquids. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2013, 1 (39), 12159-12169,DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C3TA12646C.
- Osim, W., et al., Surface modification of MoS2 nanoparticles with ionic liquid-ligands: towards highly dispersed nanoparticles. Chemical Communications 2013, 49 (81), 9311-9313,DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C3CC45305G.
- Aswath, P., et al. Synergistic mixtures of ionic liquids with other ionic liquids and/or with ashless thiophosphates for antiwear and/or friction reduction applications. 2013,DOI:http://www.google.com/patents/US20130331305.
- Zare, P., et al., Hierarchically Nanostructured Polyisobutylene-Based Ionic Liquids. Macromolecules 2012, 45 (4), 2074-2084,DOI:10.1021/ma202736g.
- Pagano, F., et al., Dicationic ionic liquids as lubricants. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology 2012, 226 (11), 952-964,DOI:https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1350650112458873.
- Chen, S., et al., Synthesis and Morphology of Semifluorinated Polymeric Ionic Liquids. Macromolecules 2018, 51 (21), 8620-8628,DOI:https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.8b01624.
- Chen, S., et al., Gating effects of conductive polymeric ionic liquids. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2018, 6 (30), 8242-8250,DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C8TC01936C.